Do you know how powerful a nation’s passport is? A passport is a travel document, usually issued by a country’s government to its citizens. A nation’s passport certifies the identity and nationality of its holder primarily for the purpose of international travel.
So, what is the power of a nation’s passport?
The passport index ranks passport based on their mobility score. The better the mobility score, the better the passport power rank. The mobility score for each country’s passport is determined by the number countries its holder can visit without a visa or obtain a visa on arrival. For example, the American passport and UK passport lets you visit about 94 and 128 countries without a visa or at best, you automatically get a visa on arrival.
What about Nigeria?
Have you ever considered traveling out of Nigeria? Maybe for relocation or just a brief visit. The Nigerian passport allows you to travel to 22 countries without visa and 23 countries with visa-on-arrival terms. So, what countries can you travel to from Nigeria without visa? The full list below gives the brief overview of countries that you can travel to without visa from Nigeria.
List Of Countries You Can Travel To From Nigeria Without Visa
- Barbados – Visa-free/180 days
- Republic of Benin – Visa-free/90 days
- Burkina Faso – Visa-free
- Cameroon – Visa-free/90 days
- Cape Verde – Visa-free (EASE)
- Chad – Visa-free/90 days
- Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast) – Visa-free/90 days
- Dominica – Visa-free/180 days
- Gambia – Visa-free/90 days
- Ghana – Visa-free
- Guinea – Visa-free
- Guinea-Bissau – Visa-free
- Haiti – Visa-free/90 days
- Liberia – Visa-free
- Mali – Visa-free
- Micronesia – Visa-free/30 days
- Niger – Visa-free
- Saint Kitts and Nevis – Visa-free/90 days
- Senegal – Visa-free/90 days
- Sierra Leone – Visa-free
- Togo – Visa-free
- Vanuatu – Visa-free/30 days
List Of Countries You Can Travel To From Nigeria With Visa-On-Arrival Terms
- Bolivia – Visa on arrival / eVisa/90 days
- Comoros – Visa on arrival/45 days
- Djibouti – eVisa
- Ethiopia – Visa on arrival / eVisa/90 days
- Gabon – eVisa
- Iran – eVisa/30 days
- Kenya – Visa on arrival / eVisa/90 days
- Lebanon – Visa on arrival/30 days
- Lesotho – eVisa/14 days
- Madagascar – Visa on arrival / eVisa/90 days
- Malawi – eVisa/90 days
- Maldives – Visa on arrival/30 days
- Mauritania – Visa on arrival
- Namibia – Visa on arrival/90 days
- Palau – Visa on arrival/30 days
- Rwanda – Visa on arrival / eVisa/30 days
- Samoa – Visa on arrival/60 days
- Seychelles – Tourist registration/90 days
- Somalia – Visa on arrival/30 days
- South Sudan – eVisa
- Suriname – eVisa
- Tuvalu – Visa on arrival/30 days
- Uganda – Visa on arrival / eVisa
Even before considering travelling out to explore unique travel destinations, there are some handful tourist sites that you can visit here in Nigeria. Are you interested in learning new things and knowing more about the country, Nigeria? Our guide gives you sixty unique tourist destinations that will beat your imagination and help you learn and know more about this beautiful country.
Feel free to contact us, as we take you through several experiences in Nigeria. Do follow us on our pages: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube. We promise to give you the best and accurate information about Nigeria and Nigerians.